Thursday, February 11, 2010

Home Study Part II

Our social worker Kathie came over yesterday for the rest of our home study. Jacob and I spent the whole day on Saturday cleaning and getting ready for for the visit. Kathie basically asked us questions about our marriage, what we feel will be important to teach our child and about our finances. She also got to meet our puppies. We know that God's hand was on this meeting because Kathie is a dog lover and Kylie and Oscar behaved themselves.

The home study process has shown me how truly blessed I am to have the family that I have and the husband that God designed for me. The questions that have been asked has required me to truly look at who I am and how so many people have influenced my life. I have had to put into words how I view my parents and why. I had to talk about why my sisters are my best friends and what I admire about them. And I had to put.into words why I fell in love with my husband and what makes him strong. If you have never done an exercise pike that I highly recommend that you do. It has really given me a whole new way to look at how God has been leading my life.

We have parenting classes next Friday and Saturday and we can't get our finalized home study until that is.done. We are hoping to submit our dossier no later then mid-March. Once the dossier is submitted we will be put on the list for a child! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment